Future, Technology & Innovation Executive Programme
Singapore-based companies are eligible for tax deductions and cash payout under the Productivity and Innovation Credit (PIC) scheme. Terms and conditions apply.
First of its kind in this region, this high intensity and power-packed executive programme is designed to enable leaders, executives, entrepreneurs and engineers to lead their organisations into future and break away from their competition. Participants will appreciate powerful paradigm shifts, develop futures thinking capability, preview new gamechanging technologies and acquire innovation methodology and tools. They will be armed with powerful information and practical tools to 'future-proof' their organisations.
This programme provides the context, technologies and tools of innovation in one integrated package.
CONSIDER THESE 4 REALITIES TODAY:
1) Hyper-speed World
Digital technologies enjoy an exponential rate of improvement. Everyone is becoming ultra-connected. Breaking news spreads instantly across the globe. Industry clockspeeds and adoption cycles of new technologies are speeding up. The world is turning hyper-speed.
2) Technology is the #1 Gamechanger
Science and technologies are the biggest and leading change driver in the world today. Adoption of new technologies sends powerful ripples across economies, businesses, governments, societies and people’s lives. Technology will hasten the re-writing the rules of the game, everywhere.
3) End of Business As Usual
Accelerating change and gamechanging technologies are disrupting one industry after another. Economies, enterprises and markets are transiting from a relatively stable state to a perpetually effervescent state. Systems, products and capabilities get obsolete quickly and require constant improvement.
4) Innovation is the Only Game
The advantage is shifting from the “bigger and more efficient” to the “faster and more innovative”. Many industries and corporate giants will be disrupted by ingenious enterprises that imagine new opportunities, create untapped value and captures blue ocean markets – FIRST.
DO YOU KNOW THAT:
- The world system is transforming from the Industrial Economy to the Innovation Economy, which has revolutionary impact similar to or greater than the Industrial Revolution.
Al Gore: “The global economy is being transformed by changes far greater in speed and scale than any other in human history.”
Future of Work expert, London Business School Professor Lynda Gratton: “We are in the biggest transformation ever. Even bigger than Industrial Revolution”
- As we enter the Innovation Economy, everything is up for re-imagination and re-invention. The old rules of business, industries and consumption is falling apart and giving way to information-powered and digitalized processes, products and solutions. Mary Meeker of Kleiner Perkins calls this “the re-imagination of nearly everything”. McKinsey estimates that US$14-33 trillion of economic impact will be created annually in 2025 by disruptive innovations.
Al Gore: “We are living with, and in, Earth Inc.: national policies, regional strategies and long accepted economic theories are now irrelevant to the new realities of our new hyper-connected, tightly integrated, highly interactive, and technologically revolutionanized economy.”
- The rate of change is speeding up and will soon become unmanageable for most governments, enterprises and individuals. The magnitude of change we experienced in the last ten years could be compressed into the next five. This is driven by new inventions, rapid technological adoption, digital technologies and the Internet.
Bill Gates: “Business in going to change more in the next ten years than it has in the last fifty.”
Peter Diamandis, Chairman of X Prize Foundation and Singularity University: “Over the next eight years, three billion new individuals will be coming online, joining the global conversation, and contributing to the global economy. Their ideas – ideas we’ve never before had access to – will result in new discoveries, products, and inventions that will benefit us all.”
- The old efficiency-based strategies and competencies that enabled enterprises to compete in the past are necessary but insufficient conditions for future success. Game-changing business models, digital strategies, and innovative capabilities are now the critical ingredients for success.
Gary Hamel, World’s Leading Business Thinker: “Somewhere out there is a bullet with your company’s name on it. Somewhere out there is a competitor, unborn and unknown, that will render your strategy obsolete. You can’t dodge the bullet – you’re going to have to shoot first. You’re going to have to out-innovate the innovators.”
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN ABOUT:
(1) FUTURE OF BUSINESS
Preview the Future, Seize the Opportunities
- The Innovation Economy that features Information, Ideas, Innovation, Imagination, and Intelligence as the core engines of growth.
- New Business Models, Mindset, Strategies and Competencies to Win in the Innovation Economy.
- Digital Disruption of Industries: How Media, Retail, Entertainment, Transportation, Education, Healthcare, Manufacturing has been or will be disrupted by digital technologies.
- The 5 Most Powerful Shifts in Business and Society.
- The 6 Platform Technologies that will Take Off in the next 5 years.
- Exponential Change and its Impact on Business, Markets, Competition and Consumers.
- The Global Future of Work, Human Resources and Skills. How will work be transformed and what are the new competencies required.
- Digital Economy concepts including Long Tail, Collaborative Consumption, Freeconomics, Exponential Organisations, Crowdsourcing
(2) FORCE OF TECHNOLOGY
Grasp the Technologies as your Force Multipliers
- Internet of Things
- Cloud Computing
- Smart Algorithms
- 3D Manufacturing
- Data Analytics
- Energy & Environment
(3) POWER OF INNOVATION
Acquire the Mindset, Skillset and Toolkit of Innovation
- Approach - Going beyond Products, Multiple types of Innovation
- Strategy - Creating Innovation Game Plans, Spotting Trends, Finding Areas to Innovate
- Launching - Declaring Intent and Direction, Determining levels of Innovation, Exploring different Innovation Tactics
- Managing - Establishing Innovation Structure, Building Innovation Capability, Managing Ideas
- Sustaining - Driving Innovation Culture, Building an Innovative Organisation
DO YOU WANT TO BENEFIT FROM:
- Anticipating, exploiting and “partnering” change, instead of reacting to it.
- Understand the deep fundamental shifts in economy and technology that are cascading into relentless change.
- Upgrading from Industrial thinking to Innovator mindset.
- Exploiting this historical transformation and capturing the explosive opportunities created.
- Transforming your enterprise by embracing the new innovation paradigm.
- Previewing the upcoming tsunami of technologies and the game-changing potential unleashed.
- Jumping ahead of the competition curve at the organizational and individual level.
- Appreciating the need for a disciplined approach in innovation.
- Developing an innovation game plan from up to 100 innovation tactics.
- Conducting industry innovation analysis and be able to reframe the industry.
- Understanding the intricacies of innovation development, and be able to develop the structure and culture most conducive to it.
- Develop an actionable 360-degree framework for implementation.
ABOUT THE TRAINERS
Charlie Ang is an entrepreneur, speaker, and consultant in the area of futures thinking, innovation and disruptive technologies.
He is the CEO and Principal Trainer of FutureCraft, a strategic futures consulting and training firm. Charlie is also the Founding President and Faculty Member of The Innovators Institute, a professional development center, global expert resource and peer support network for innovation leaders, managers and learners. Previously, Charlie was the Chief Innovation Officer (CINO) at First Media Group, a regional communications, design and educational group based in Singapore. At First Media, Charlie developed an innovative culture and experimented with breakthrough innovations in education, media, and marketing sectors.
As an entrepreneur, Charlie co-founded several start-ups, including a high tech venture that raised $ 5 million capital and grew to 80 staff. He has had a rewarding corporate stint; as the CINO of First Media Group and regional Vice President of one of the largest environmental companies in Asia.
He received his MBA from the NUS Business School and BSc (First Class) Honours in Computer Science from University of Manchester, UK. Charlie completed futures and innovation executive programmes at Singularity University in Silicon Valley, Oxford University’s Said Business School and Stanford University.
His professional agenda is to help executives, engineers and entrepreneurs in Singapore adopt an Innovator mindset and win in the Innovation Economy. He writes regularly on strategic futures and innovation and has been published in the local media, including The Business Times, Singapore Business Review and The Straits Times.
Ted Chan is a professional speaker, facilitator and trainer who specialises in the areas of Innovation, Creativity, Change Management, Influence and Productivity. He is a Faculty Member of The Innovators Institute. Ted’s unique understanding of various issues can be attributed to his 20 years of work experience at some of the world’s top companies such as Cisco Systems, Stanley Works and Singapore Technologies, where he has held senior positions in strategic planning, sales & marketing, and communications.
Ted earned his Bachelor’s of Business Administration (BBA) degree with Merit from NUS and his MBA from the Imperial College London in the UK. He is certified trainer and assessor with the Workforce Development Agency (WDA) and a Certified Master Practitioner in Neuro linguistic Programming (NLP).
Ted has conducted innovation, change and creativity workshops for various organisations including Brocade, Singapore Press Holdings, SAFTI, Land Transport Authority, Singapore Civil Defence, MINDEF. Canon, Ciba Vision, Keppel Integrated Engineering, GE Controls, ST Aerospace, Mapletree and Singmarine and etc.
Ted is a highly sought after and versatile speaker who has spoken to thousands of managers and leaders from private businesses, government and non-profit organisations.
ONG GIN KEAT
Ong Gin Keat is the Executive Director and Faculty Member of The Innovators Institute. He is an accomplished innovator and pioneer in the green economy. His innovation track records span various environmental sectors, including climate change, renewable energy, resource recycling, water treatment, and waste management. His firsts include: registering and implementing Singapore’s first UNFCCC-approved CDM project and sale of carbon credits (ERPA), setting up Singapore’s first aerobic thermophilic composting plant and pioneering vertical wind mills in South East Asia.
Gin Keat is highly motivated to nurture the next generation of innovators who can invent new solutions to alleviate the effects of climate change.
[ Thu ] - [ Fri ]
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Park Mall, 9 Penang Road (Opp Dhoby Ghaut MRT) - Venue may vary
SiTF Members SOLD OUT $999.00 SEAS Members SOLD OUT $999.00 WMRAS Members SOLD OUT $999.00 Early Bird (14 June) SOLD OUT $1,150.00 Early Bird (21 June) SOLD OUT $1,250.00 Standard SOLD OUT $1,499.00
- Venue Address
- 9 Penang Road, Park Mall, Singapore 238459 Singapore